Discover Presbyterian Mission
You may not think you know much about the General Assembly Mission Council, but you probably know our work:
- When an earthquake strikes Haiti and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance leads the church in response, that’s a ministry of the GAMC.
- When thousands of youth gather this summer for days of worship and music and faith sharing at the Youth Triennium, that’s also a ministry of the Mission Council.
- When 1500 Presbyterians gathered for the Big Tent conference in Atlanta last year, we, along with our sister agency the Office of the General Assembly, led that effort. (We hope you'll join us next summer in Indianapolis – June 30-July 2.)
- Mission workers serve as our hands and feet in over 50 countries around the world. When international church partners request, and individuals sense a call to serve, the GAMC' World Mission area prepares, supports and sends teachers, doctors, community workers and others to serve.
- When a presbytery needs help relating to an immigrant group wanting to start or grow a congregation, our congregational support offices help with language and culture and connections, and our church growth office provides all kinds of resources for church planting and transformation.
Many of you know the Peacemaking program and the Hunger program, and the We Believe curriculum. You know the conference centers at Ghost Ranch and Stony Point. You know the multicultural conference and the Theological Education Fund. These are all part of the GAMC.
For more than 200 years, Presbyterians have been responding to the call of Jesus Christ, taking the gospel into all the world and bearing witness to Christ's saving love to the ends of the earth. Today, the Holy Spirit is still on the move, calling us to share in what God is doing in the world.
We strive at all times to deliver CARE (Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, and Excellence) in all that we do. We want to joyfully engage with you in ministry and mission. We invite your questions and concerns and welcome your prayers and support as together we seek to tell God's story and join in doing God's mission.
The General Assembly Mission Council is the ministry and mission agency of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), working to grow Christ's Church Deep and Wide through Evangelism, Discipleship, Servanthood and Diversity. Six ministry areas carry out this missional work:
- Evangelism and Church Growth
- Compassion, Peace and Justice
- Racial Ethnic and Women's Ministries / Presbyterian Women
- Theology, Worship and Education
- World Mission
The General Assembly Mission Council works in partnership with synods, presbyteries, congregations, seminaries, and other Presbyterian-related organizations and ecumenical partners to faithfully and effectively resource the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in order to inspire, equip and connect the church for its ministry and mission.