Presbyterian Women Churchwide
The Churchwide Coordinating Team of Presbyterian Women (CCT/PW) has primary responsibility for the ongoing life of PW and serves as the administrative body for PW between Churchwide Gatherings.
The CCT/PW includes the following positions:
- Vice moderator for mission relationships
- Vice moderator for justice and peace concerns
- Financial secretary
- Moderator of the search committee
- New immigrant women's representative
- Six racial ethnic members-at-large
- Two young women representatives (at least one racial ethnic)
- Sixteen synod representatives (one from each synod, elected by the synod)
The slate of nominees is voted at the Business Meeting of PW's Churchwide Gathering. (It's been this way since the first PW Gathering in 1988, held in West Lafayette, Indiana, at Purdue University! That's the Gathering where Cleda Locey was elected to serve as PW's first Churchwide moderator. And in 1997, Diana Lim was the first Asian American elected to be Churchwide moderator.) The next slate will be voted in conjunction with the 2018 Churchwide Gathering, which will be held August 2–5, 2018 in Louisville, Kentucky.