Take action for Fair Food
What You Can Do
There are many ways that you and your congregation can contribute to this nationwide movement for fair food.
- Pray for the work of fair food.
- Support CIW-led actions.
- Share this video on the supermarket campaign and other video resources.
- Drop off manager's letters at local stores.
- Take online actions on the Publix and Wendy’s campaigns.
- Order postcards to send to CEOs of Publix and Wendy’s.
- Join a fair food committee in your own city or form one!
- Give generously to the One Great Hour of Sharing offering which supports the PC(USA)’s work on the Campaign for Fair Food, as a ministry of the Presbyterian Hunger Program.
Drop off a Manager Letter
Download a Manager’s Letter (below) and drop it off whenever you patronize Wendy’s or your local supermarket. It’s particularly helpful to staple your receipt to the letter. If you’re meeting with a supermarket manager, wheel your cart full of groceries up to the desk while you speak with manager. If you’re at Wendy’s, drop off the letter while you’re holding your bags or tray with your order.
Know that when you use these managers’ letters, your voice is joining the voice of thousands across the country. Feel free to add your own message to the manager’s letter. Store managers are required to pass on these kinds of communications to the corporate headquarters. Be sure however to thank them for passing this letter on to executives.
Wendy's Restaurant Manager Letter
Publix Store Manager Letter
Kroger Store Manager Letter