Learn about the African American Congregational Support Mission
The African American Congregational Support Office assists the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in addressing the needs of African American Congregations. It works in partnership with Mid Councils to nurture conversations and facilitate ministries that will transform African American congregations into a more vibrant and healthier congregation.
The office emphasizes principles that will encourage, nurture, support, motivate, equip and empower leaders and disciples of Jesus Christ, to become more intentional about engaging in spiritual practice that nurtures a transformational spirituality and leads towards transforming communities and the world, The Beloved Community or The Realm of God on Earth.
Learn about the National Black Presbyterian Caucus
It is the purpose of the National Black Presbyterian Caucus:
- To promote church growth and strengthening of Black Presbyterian congregations in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.);
- To emphasize spiritual growth of individual members;
- To continually focus on concerns stemming from Black religious and cultural traditions as well as political and economic issues;
- To speak and act on those issues that adversely affects the lives of People of African descent;
- To achieve full participation of its members in the total Church and society and
- To combat racism and injustice.
- View All (2) Comments
- Comments are Closed
Clifford, Please visit this site for our racial ethnic church directories: http://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/racial-ethnic-womens-ministries/racial-ethnic-resources/ We pray that you are guided by the Holy Spirit in your search. God bless you!
I am a former baptist. I am out of Church now and am considering joining an A.M.E.Z. Church but I like the direction of Presbyterian. However in Sacramento, CA. where the Churches are either 99% white or Asian. I am a black man and would like to be in a diverse Church. The international attention is also important in Christianity like the plight of the Palestinians. I am looking forward to a couple of trips to Pittsburgh,PA. Tell me what you think please. Thank you..