Thank you for your interest in the “Electric Stewardship” brochure, originally put out by the Enough for Everyone program in 2002. We are delighted to know your interest in taking good care of the physical resources at your church. As you know, energy efficiency is both good for the church budget and good for God’s earth!
We apologize for the back-order of this brochure and we do appreciate your patience. Because of the great strides in churches across the nation caring for God’s creation (through electric stewardship and broader ways)—and because things have come a long way in the last decade, we have decided to integrate the specific concerns of electric stewardship into the fuller program of Earth Care Congregations. Thus, we have decided not to reprint the older “Electric Stewardship” brochure.
Knowing that you may have requested the brochure because of a particular interest for conducting an energy audit and taking some energy saving steps particularly related to your electricity use, we recommend the following resources for electric stewardship:
- For an energy audit:
- Consider first if someone in your congregation works in this area and can provide direct assistance or offer a recommendation.
- Contact your local utility and ask if they offer a complimentary or low-cost energy audit for your church buildings.
- Contact your local, county, or state energy or weatherization office to learn if there are other providers of energy audits in your area or contact the National Association of Energy Companies (finding a provider) at www.naesco.org.
- In order to become an EPA Energy Star Congregation, call 888-STAR-YES or go to the EPA Energy Star for Congregations program
- For energy tips, related to climate change, go to the Environmental Ministries page on climate change
If you are interested in fuller ways to expand your congregation’s commitment to sustainable lifestyle and environmental justice, we invite you to consider these PCUSA programs:
Blessings on your journey of being good stewards of God’s resources, entrusted to your care!
In Christ’s peace,
Associate, Environmental Ministries (PCUSA)
888-728-7228 ext 5624