Student Opportunity Scholarship
Serves Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) college students by providing need-based aid for sophomores, juniors and seniors who are full-time, first degree students attending accredited institutions in the United States. Preference in this program is extended to racial ethnic students in order to promote diversity.
Student Opportunity Scholarship applicants will explore who God created them to be in a series of essay questions intended for students to explore with mentors and peers. This program requires that students maintain an active involvement in a worshipping community or campus ministry program while they are attending college.
- Be a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Have completed first year of college.
- Be enrolled full time at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or greater).
- Be seeking a bachelor degree.
- Demonstrate financial need.
Range of award
Up to $2,000.00
Part 1: May 15, Part 2: June 15
Financial Aid for Service provides a weekly application status update for students after the office receives the Getting Started page of the application. We urge students to complete, sign, and send the form by fax, email, or first class mail at their earliest opportunity.
Students awarded in 2015-2016 will be sent an email with a link to the renewal application on March 15.