The Presbyterian Mission Agency has produced a variety of short videos that may be useful in your presentations. Most are available for download at pcusa.org/resource.
1001 Worshiping Communities
We are a church on fire, and a new movement has been ignited. In these short videos, you’ll be inspired by God’s love, witness others sharing the Word in new and powerful ways, and be equipped to take part in growing 1,001 new worshiping communities within 10 years. For more info and resources, head to onethousandone.org.
“Your Partners in Ministry: An Introduction to the Agencies of the PC(USA)”
This 10-minute video presents a powerful introduction to the six General Assembly agencies that make up the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Told through the experiences of a small Texas congregation, you’ll see how all six agencies collaborated with church leaders and members to revitalize and bring new hope to this Presbyterian worshiping community. Get this video
Minute for Mission
These are the four videos shown during the 221st General Assembly (2014).
"Poverty Alleviation Through Access to Quality Education" is a two-minute video that highlights the Educate a Child, Transform the World Campaign. Poverty alleviation is one of three Presbyterian World Mission critical global issues. Get this video
"Presbyterian Disaster Assistance" provides an overview of how this ministry brings hope to those impacted by natural or human caused disasters. Get this video
"Racial Ethnic & Women’s Ministries" shares how the ministry engages the Church in its mission to become more diverse and inclusive of racial, ethnic, cultural and language groups, in addition to equipping women for leadership in all ministries of the Church. Get this video
"A Year of Service for a Lifetime of Change" invites young adults to explore their calling to help build God's kingdom through the Young Adult Voulunteer (YAV) ministry. Get this video
Mission and Ministry
Here is a sampling of videos from the Presbyterian Mission Agency’s ministry areas:
- “World Mission: Better Together” This three-minute video gives an overview of the work of World Mission and tells the story of how we work in partnership with many organizations around the globe on three critical global issues: poverty alleviation, reconciliation, and evangelism.
- “Compassion, Peace, and Justice: Making God’s Community Livable for All” provides an in-depth look at the work of the programs that make up the Compassion, Peace, and Justice ministry area. Get this video
- “Neema Means Grace”—A Bible study that began near Kansas City, Missouri, became the PC(USA)’s first Swahili/English-speaking congregation. Get this video
- “All Together in One Place” introduces the work of Racial Ethnic & Women’s Ministries / Presbyterian Women.
- “Thinking, Praying, Living the Faith” invites you to a commitment to integrate theology, worship, and ethics. Get this video
- The Small Church Residency Program continues to grow leaders and churches for such a time as this. Video introduction and testimonials
- UKirk is a new direction for collegiate ministries—reaching and teaching college students so that they may be lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. Introductory video at Get this video
- “The Ripple Effect of Engage”—See how a new approach from Evangelism ministries powerfully impacts a congregation in Charlotte, North Carolina Get this video